shabby background

Friday, May 21, 2010

Acting like a damsel in distress

I met all sorts of passengers onboard the aircraft. Nice, friendly, polite, helpful, undestanding ones and the rude, unfriendly, drunk, lewd, take you for granted ones....really...all sorts from all walks of life and different countries. Once, there was a business class passenger who came onboard the aircraft, dropped his bulky garment bag at my feet and flopped onto his seat.
                                  * Please click on pix for larger image

We were taught to never say no to a passenger. No is an unacceptable word. That's why 'we are a great way to fly'. So we need to think on our feet how to get out of sticky situations without appearing rude, unfriendly and unhelpful. Being a petite Asian in that demure looking uniform, I used the damsel in distress method. In this case, he was too embarrass not to help especially with other passengers watching him. Hmmm....I wonder what made him, who was twice my size by the way, think I can lift a bag that he thought was heavy for him.

4 comments:

Mum in the Making said...

That was smart! I guess some people try to take advantage when they can...

Euphoria said...

I admire your patience, Eileen.
I think I would have told him a lot of other things. Have a great weekend!

Daphne said...

hahaha. Nice one. I am always very impressed by air stewardesses who can hoist the heavy luggage(s) up without batting an eyelid. Some of them are petit but a lot of power packed in that little frame!

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

What a tactful way to tell him off! This man should really be ashamed of himself! I love your aircraft stories and those comic strips! :)