shabby background

Friday, May 28, 2010

Maybe..., maybe not...

When I was a flight attendant, I was lucky to have travelled to many parts of the world. Besides international flights, I was also given turn around flights within the region. Turn around meaning, I fly to a nearby city, transit for an hour and then fly home. The shortest flight was the one from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur(KL) or KL-SIN. Flight time was usually 45mins but due to stronger tail wind, it could just be 30 mins. On these short flights, we only had time to serve prepacked juice, coffee or tea and flights were usually full. So speed was essential here. No frills unless, of course, if you are seated in the first class. You'll get light refreshment of satay, champagne and the works. The passengers on this short sector were usually quiet and took whatever we serve them without questions. But on one of those flights.....
                                 *Please click on pix for larger image

Maybe he was in the first class before or maybe he thought it was a good chance to show off to his friend next to him, I couldn't tell. Whatever it was, I was glad it calmed him down. He was begining to talk loudly at me and everyone was looking at what I was going to do next. I knew that if I were forced to get a can of beer for him from the first class cabin, the rest will follow the same request. Then we'll never land with the trays up on time! Speaking of landing with trays down, that nearly happened on one of my flights within Europe. But that's a story for another time.....

6 comments:

Euphoria said...

I guess there´s always someone out of line.
You should publish all those flying stories.

Daphne said...

Does that mean if I actually INSIST i would get that can of beer? =)

Eileen W said...

Yes, Daphne, if you insist and we have it, you'll get it!

Mum in the Making said...

Good save! :) And hmmm, next time I'll try to ask for satay then! (Just kidding!)

K said...

Hi Eileen,

Just saw your comment on my blog. I totally missed that! Ha. Thanks for visiting.

I read your post being chased by dogs. Really scary huh?? Up till now, I still think, what if I didn't scream and scared the dogs away. *shudder*

I see you're a SAHM too. Goody. Yet another SAHM's blog to read. :)

Eileen W said...

LOL...very funny mamaJ!

K, Thanks for dropping by my blog :) I enjoy reading yours!